A special place "Gembel Art Collective"


A Special Place 

Gembel Art Collective is an arts group in an arts group in Dili where I taught a series of photography classes, learnt a lot of my Tetun, and spent a large chunk of my time drinking coffee and laughing - a lot.

When I approached the group asking whether I could teach there, I was welcomed with open arms. Without many funds but with big hearts, enthusiasm, and absolute dedication, the artists at Gembel teach, perform, and produce drawing, painting, wood block prings, sculpture, music, theatre, costumes, floats for parades, and more.

Gembel is approaching it’s 20th year!

Unfortunately, after 11+ years in a great, accessible beachfront spot, they are now needing to move to a new location- yet to be found. Frustrated that I can’t be there to help, I’m raising some funds to help with the costs associated with moving and renting a new space.

If you’d like to support this great group of artists, please PM me - any amount will help.

[edited to correct timeline]




Comments